Hen Dwr Windmill, Eglwys-Rhos/Llanrhos
It is known that a windmill was built on the hill between 1617 and 1642. A mill on the site of the present building is apparently shown on a map of 1748 by Lewis Morris. A windmill is clearly at this site in the illustration in Pennant's "Tour" of Gloddaeth Hall. By 1840, the building was a dwelling the "Old Windmill", the small extension probably dates from then, the attractive conical slate roof dates from about 1930. The Grade II Listed building was renovated and extended from the late 1970s.
|Mill type||Tower mill|
|Country||Wales, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SH 80413 81158|
- Coflein, National Monuments Record of Wales
- Historic Wales Cadw Listed Buildings
- Ordnance Survey six-inch map, Caernarvonshire V.NW (1888)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.