Barrow Mill, Barrow
This mill ceased work around 1834 when a steam mill was built nearby (Gregory and Turner, 2009, p.34) and was converted into a dwelling. It is not marked as a mill on the 1855 OS map nor subsequent maps. It is Grade II Listed.
|Mill type||Tower mill|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Location||Wentworth, West Riding of Yorkshire|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SK 37829 98610|
- Anthony Bryan, Mills Research Group Database
- Gregory, R and Turner, L, Windmills of Yorkshire (Stenlake Publishing Ltd, 2009)
- Ordnance Survey six-inch map, Yorkshire 283 (1855)
- Whitworth, A, Tyke Towers Yorkshire's Windmills (Landy Publishing, 2002)
- Whitworth, A, Yorkshire Windmills Through Time (Amberley Publishing, 2011)
- Windmill World
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.