Vale Mill, Guernsey
A wooden windmill was built here in 1770 and rebuilt in granite in 1854. The sails were removed and a concrete structure added to the top of the tower in 1940 by the occupying German army, converting the building to an anti-aircraft position and range finding station. It later fell into disrepair and was renovated in 2006.
|Alternative names||Moulin du Valle|
|Mill type||Tower mill|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.