Watermill, Tregrehan Mills
The mill dates from 1486 as a corn or grist mill. It was rebuilt in 1692 under a new lease allowing it to make a head weir to divert water from the Tregrehan Stream. The mill was disused by 1906 and was used briefly as a power source for tin stamps during some test mining in the area. It was demolished in 1950. The miller's house (much altered) survived and the course of the leat is still traceable and the mill pond partly visible next to the road by Brookside Farm.
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SX 0461 5371|
Mark Bickerdike, September 2017.
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.