Heygates Mill, Tring
A electricity- and steam-powered corn mill in the historic county of Hertfordshire, England.
See related images and documents.
See images only.
The steam powered stone mill was constructed on this site in 1875, next to the existing windmill, which was demolished in 1910 to allow for the construction of a wheat silo. The mill was converted to rollers and electric power and continued to be expanded over the years. It was owned by William Mead until 1945 when it was taken over by Heygates. It continues working milling over 100,000 tons of wheat a year.
|Alternative names||Gamnel Wharf Mill, New Mill, Tring Mill|
|Power source||Electricity, Steam|
|Mill type||Roller flour mill|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SP 924 130|
- Ordnance Survey 25 inch map, Hertfordshire XXV.10 (1888)
- Shorland-Ball, Rob & Brian McGee, The roller milling revolution: Master list of researched and located mills (2013), mill no. 72
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.