St Neots Paper Mills, St Neots
There have been river mills on this site since Domesday but there was major development in 1799. A new and much improved Fourdrinier paper making machine, designed and built by the engineer Bryan Donkin, was installed in 1807 and started the production of paper and allied products that would continue until after the severe floods of 1988 that closed the mill for good.
|England, United Kingdom
|TL 1862 6188
Related shop products
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.