Old Steam Mill, Wolverhampton
The first steam mill on the site was built in the 1790s and burnt down in 1851. From the 1860s the mill was run by Joseph Norton Miller, and after his death in 1893 by the company he founded, J N Miller Ltd. Roller mills were introduced in 1884 and electricity replaced steam in 1925.
The mill closed in 1981. It was damaged by fires in 2007 and 2008 and the buildings were demolished in 2015.
|Power source||Electricity, Steam|
|Mill type||Roller flour mill|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SO 9203 9877|
- "J N Miller_Flour Mill_Wolverhampton_Sep1" (CC BY-NC 2.0) by Ian Halsey
- Ordnance Survey 25 inch map, Staffordshire LXII.7 (1889)
- Shorland-Ball, Rob & Brian McGee, The roller milling revolution: Master list of researched and located mills (2013), mill no. 156
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.