Cranfield's Flour Mill, Ipswich
The mill was built in 1884, and extended with new plant in 1906. 17 storey grain silos were added in the 1950s and the mill was remodelled by Henry Simon in 1969. The firm was acquired by Allied Mills in 1972. Milling ceased in 1998. Some parts of the mill were then demolished and other buildings converted into apartments.
|Alternative names||Dock Roller Mill|
|Power source||Electricity, Steam|
|Mill type||Roller flour mill|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||TM 164 440|
- Jones, Glyn, The Millers (Carnegie Publishing, 2001), pp. 233, 311, 328
- Shorland-Ball, Rob & Brian McGee, The roller milling revolution: Master list of researched and located mills (2013), mill no. 161
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.