Felin Uchaf, Cefn Coch
The mill is a three storey building, with an extension to the rear, and has three sets of stones and an overshot waterwheel. The mill dates back to at least 1811, the date given on a date stone on the front wall (along with the letters PL, thought to be P Lewis). This may be the date of extension or rebuilding, as there is evidence of earlier wall foundations. The mill ceased work about 1939, after which it fell into disrepair, although still retaining some machinery. The mill pond was filled in about 2002.
In 2010 restoration work began, resulting in the rebuilding of the gable adjacent to the waterwheel, the replacement of the roof and the addition of two roof lights to allow light into the upper floors without creating new windows.
|Alternative names||Upper Mill|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Country||Wales, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SJ 04300 01527|
- Coflein, National Monuments Record of Wales
- Ordnance Survey six-inch map, Montgomeryshire XXVIII.NE (1885)
Phil Sloan, February 2018.
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.