Walsingham Mill, Little Walsingham
This mill was part of a prison built in 1787 on the site of a leper hospital. The mill was added in 1822 and contained four treadmills for grinding corn. The prison closed in 1861 and the mill was converted to steam power, but was not successful. The building was a furniture store when given a grade II listing in 1977 and is now an antiques store.
|Alternative names||The Bridewell, The House of Correction, The Old Mill, Williamsons Furniture Store and former Prison|
|Power source||Human, Steam|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||TF 9337 3690|
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.