Melin Newydd, Tre'rddol
Constructed in 1833. According to Guise and Lees (1992), the name 'Melin Newydd' or 'New Mill' was given to distinguish it from a nearby watermill. On the OS maps, however, the windmill and watermill appear to be part of the same complex, called 'Tre'rddol Mills', and 'Felin-newydd' is another building to the west on the road. It closed in the 1920s, and was derelict until converted into a dwelling in 2009, as chronicled in the TV series "Restoration Man" (broadcast April 2010).
|Alternative names||Tre'rddol Windmill|
|Mill type||Tower mill|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Country||Wales, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SH 3901 8027|
- Coflein, National Monuments Record of Wales
- Guise, Barry & George Lees, Windmills of Anglesey, 2nd edn (Scotforth Books, 2010), p. 76
- Historic Wales Cadw Listed Buildings
- Ordnance Survey six-inch map, Anglesey XII.NE (1887)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.