Mill Place Mill, Scawby
The mill was built in 1794 by brick maker Matthew Maw, with cast iron gearing and roller reefing sails by Norman and Smithson, millwrights of Hull. Originally an oil and paint mill, it was a corn mill by 1843 with a steam engine installed. By the 20th century it no longer used wind power and was a steam powered roller mill. It was demolished in 1930.
|Alternative names||Bratleys' Mill, Bratleys' Roller Flour Mill|
|Power source||Steam, Wind|
|Mill type||Roller flour mill, Tower mill|
|Mill function||Colour mill, Corn mill, Oil mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SE 988 067|
- Anthony Bryan, Mills Research Group Database
- Gregory, Roy, The Industrial Windmill in Britain (Phillimore, 2005) p 138
- Ordnance Survey 25 inch map, Lincolnshire XIX.15 (1887)
- Sass, Jon, Windmills of Lincolnshire (Stenlake Publishing, 2012)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.