Coultershaw Pump, Petworth
Installed by Lord Egremont in 1782. A breastshot waterwheel powered three pumps which supplied water to Petworth House and the town of Petworth. The pump worked until 1960. It has been restored and is now open to the public.
|Mill function||Pumping mill/wheel|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SU 971 194|
- Sitter, Derek & Colin Smith, Watermillls of Sussex: Vol 2 - West Sussex (Pheasant, 2001), p. 73
Related publications in the library
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.