Rubbybanks Mill, Cockermouth
A mill stood on this site as early as 1596. A new mill was erected in 1714 and two mills with parallel wheel pits stood on the site until demolition in 1971. They were used for a variety of purposes. The name Tinker's Mill derives from George Tinker who owned part of the site between 1893 and 1920.
|Alternative names||Tinker's Mill|
|Mill function||Corn mill, Flax mill, Fulling mill, Hat mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||NY 121 301|
- Ordnance Survey six-inch map, Cumberland LIV (1867)
- Wardell Armstrong Archaeology, The Watermills of Cockermouth (Cockermouth Town Council, 2012)
Related publications in the library
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.