London Silk Mill, Leek
Constructed in 1853 on what was then London Road, now Ashbourne Road. When sold in 1861 it had four weaving rooms each capable of holding forty looms, and a 12-horse high pressure steam engine. From 1863 it belonged to J. and J. Brough, Nicholson & Co.
|Mill function||Silk mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
- A P Baggs, M F Cleverdon, D A Johnston and N J Tringham, 'Leek: Leek and Lowe', in A History of the County of Stafford: Volume 7, Leek and the Moorlands, ed. C R J Currie and M W Greenslade (London, 1996), pp. 84-169 http://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/staffs/vol7/pp84-169 [accessed 21 January 2016].
- SMDN-2016.0009 - Mill sales particulars
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.