Gouger's Mills, Margate
Three mills stood here, named 'Gouger's Mills' after their owner, Daniel Gouger. The two remaining mills were pulled down by Holman's of Canterbury in November 1875.
|Alternative names||Margate Mills|
|Mill type||Smock mill|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||TR 363 708|
- Coles Finch, William, Watermills and windmills (C W Daniel, 1933), p. 243
- Ordnance Survey six-inch map, Kent XXV (1877)
- West, Jenny, The windmills of Kent (Skilton & Shaw, 1979), p. 55
Related publications in the library
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.