Topjoki Manor Mill, Angelniemi
This mill had eight sails, with bowsprit.
This mill was the only known standing brick tower mill. In a 1909 photograph it stood on a steeply sloping site with a stone base below ground level and a small "pend" in it. The tower with a steep batter could hardly have had more than two floors. It had eight straight-sided tapering sails braced to a bowsprit and the usual Uusimaa cap, but the tailpole does not show.
|Angelniemi, Varsinais Suomi
- Wailes, Rex, & Auvo Hirsjärvi, "Finnish Mills Part II: Mamsel or Smock Mills", (Transactions of the Newcomen Society, 43, 1970-1971, pp.113-128)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.