Dunn Mill, Whitchurch
This mill was the only mill on the Chatel Stream. The earliest reference to a mill on this site dates back to 1263. The last miller was Harry Alderman who, already enfeebled, was tragically found drowned in 1944. Soon afterwards, the new owner removed the mill machinery and by 1973 only one wall of the mill building remained.
|Alternative names||Whitchurch Mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SP 800 202|
- Farley, Michael, Edward Legg and James Venn (Ed), The Watermills of Buckinghamshire: A 1930s account by Stanley Freese with original photographs (Buckinghamshire Archaeological Society, 2007)
- Major, J K, SPAB Mills Section Record Card (1973)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.