Francis Mill, West Wycombe
This mill, now gone, was located on the Mill End estate. Records show that Thomas Darell was miller from 1505 to 1540. It is referred to as Francis Mill on Jeffery’s 1768 map, Thomas Francis being named as a paper-maker and miller in a trade directory from 1792. For a period at the start of the twentieth century the mill was used as a flock mill, producing stuffing for chairs. The building was demolished shortly after the 1914-18 Great war.
|Alternative names||Gillett’s Mill, Mill End Mill|
|Mill function||Paper mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SU 850 938|
- Farley, Michael, Edward Legg and James Venn (Ed), The Watermills of Buckinghamshire: A 1930s account by Stanley Freese with original photographs (Buckinghamshire Archaeological Society, 2007)
Related publications in the library
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.