Turweston Mill, Turweston
The mill lies just inside the Buckinghamshire county boundary on a loop of the Great Ouse, or Mill Brook. The mill is attached to a farmstead which is a stone-walled building with a thatched roof. At the time of Stanley Freese’s visit the mill was standing disused, having ceased operation in about 1900. The current mill site was possibly the site of the Domesday mill. In 1798 the miller was John Bliss, who was followed by George Bliss.
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SP 600 380|
- Farley, Michael, Edward Legg and James Venn (Ed), The Watermills of Buckinghamshire: A 1930s account by Stanley Freese with original photographs (Buckinghamshire Archaeological Society, 2007)
Related shop products
Related publications in the library
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.