Grove Mill, Grove
There was no mill at Domesday, the first mention being in 1197, when a watermill was in dispute. In 1318 two watermills and a windmill were on the manor. In 1798 Joseph Symons was milling by wind and water. A great storm in August 1879 may have ended the life of the watermill. In 1890 Mr Gilbert knocked out the wheel and machinery, after which the farm and mill disappeared.
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SP 922 226|
- Farley, Michael, County Museum Archaeological Group, "Buckinghamshire Watermills" (Records of Bucks, 24, 1982)
- Farley, Michael, Edward Legg and James Venn (Ed), The Watermills of Buckinghamshire: A 1930s account by Stanley Freese with original photographs (Buckinghamshire Archaeological Society, 2007)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.