Farnham Royal Mill, Farnham Royal
The mill was mentioned in Domesday records as attached to Farnham Manor. In 1539 the Earl of Shrewsbury leased the mill. In 1609 David Salter was in possession of the mill. In 1801/2 it was known as Baylies Mill and Robert Mason was the tenant. The mill appears to have been lost some time in the middle of the 19th century, and now all trace is gone.
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SP 966 802|
- Farley, Michael, County Museum Archaeological Group, "Buckinghamshire Watermills" (Records of Bucks, 24, 1982)
- Farley, Michael, Edward Legg and James Venn (Ed), The Watermills of Buckinghamshire: A 1930s account by Stanley Freese with original photographs (Buckinghamshire Archaeological Society, 2007)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.