Walton Mill, Aylesbury
The 4-storey mill is of yellow brick, and is part of a complex of buildings with slate roofs. Formerly an overshot wheel 8 ft in diameter and 8 ft wide drove two pairs of stones, and three more pairs were engine-driven The wheel was then removed during the 1914-18 war. Roller plant with a gas engine was then installed. Under the ownership of Hills and Partridge, the mill was in use as part of the larger complex when visited by JKM in 1975.
|Alternative names||Hills and Partridges Mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SP 827 138|
- Farley, Michael, Edward Legg and James Venn (Ed), The Watermills of Buckinghamshire: A 1930s account by Stanley Freese with original photographs (Buckinghamshire Archaeological Society, 2007)
- Major, J K, SPAB Mills Section Record Card (1975)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.