Impey's Mill, Amersham
The mill building, of pale red brick and occupying two floors and with a shallow slate roof, had become disused by 1910. The large breast wheel, about 15 ft diameter, which was once positioned outside the building, had disappeared when the mill was visited by Freese, although some machinery survived inside. The original name of the mill was Quarrendon mill but, when Joseph Impey (1798) and John Impey (1842) ran the mill, the alternative name was adopted by locals.
|Alternative names||Quarrendon Mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SU 973 966|
- Farley, Michael, Edward Legg and James Venn (Ed), The Watermills of Buckinghamshire: A 1930s account by Stanley Freese with original photographs (Buckinghamshire Archaeological Society, 2007)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.