Lower Mill, Amersham
This ancient mill, on the River Misbourne, is constructed of red brick and tile, with some half-timbering. There is an early reference to Bury Mill from 1504, although building changes have taken place subsequently. Apart from a brief period in the 1820s when it was a silk mill, the mill was always operated as a corn mill. By the 1930s it was run as a road house.
|Alternative names||Bury End Mill, Silk Mill Lower Bury|
|Mill function||Corn mill, Silk mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SU 964 972|
- Farley, Michael, Edward Legg and James Venn (Ed), The Watermills of Buckinghamshire: A 1930s account by Stanley Freese with original photographs (Buckinghamshire Archaeological Society, 2007)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.