Wycombe Heath Mill, Holmer Green
This tower mill was built in 1829 of flint rubble, cemented over. It worked until 1916 and collapsed 1929-30. It had four common sails and a triangular cap turned by a chain.
|Mill type||Tower mill|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SU 8920 9740|
- Anthony Bryan, Mills Research Group Database
- Buckinghamshire County Museum Archaeological Group, "Buckinghamshire Windmills" (Records of Bucks, 20 (4), 1978)
- Ordnance Survey six-inch map, Buckinghamshire XLII.6 (1898)
- Smith, Arthur C, Windmills in Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire: a contemporary survey (Stevenage Museum publications, 1976), p. 22
- Smith, Donald, English windmills, vol 2 (Architectural Press, 1932), p. 141
- Vince, John, Windmills in Buckinghamshire and the chilterns (Format Publishing, 1976), p. 21
- Windmill World
Related shop products
Related publications in the library
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.