Help us keep this service free
Stanley Bridge Mills, Chelsea
The mill was owned by Charles Brown & Co, then passing to the Sun Flour Mills Company. It was converted to roller milling in 1888, but only ran for a short time before the lease expired and the machinery was moved to the Sun Flour Mills, Bromley by Bow. By the 1916 OS map (revised 1913) it no longer existed.
|Alternative names||Sun Flour Mills|
|Mill type||Roller flour mill|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||TQ 260 772|
- Ordnance Survey 25 inch map, London (1915- Numbered sheets) VIII.4 (1916)
- Ordnance Survey 25 inch map, London (First Editions c1850s) LIII (1874)
- Shorland-Ball, Rob & Brian McGee, The roller milling revolution: Master list of researched and located mills (2013), mill no. 103
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.