Help us keep this service free
Merchaw’s Mill, Hatfield Heath
The mill was built 1841 on south side of the heath and owned by Ephraim Davey. In 1890 an auxiliary steam engine was added. Sidney Oliver owned the Windmill at the turn of the century. The mill closed in 1906 and was demolished in 1909, at which time it belonged to William Bowyer and Richard Martin Broad.
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||TL 5243 1481|
- Ordnance Survey six-inch map, Essex XXXI (1880)
- Towers, Leslie G, Liz Wright & Ivan Wybrew (eds), A history of Hatfield Heath (Hatfield Heath History Group, 1999)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.