Help us keep this service free
West Mill, Crowle
This was located on the left hand side of the road at the top of the hill just before the present site of Kingsthorpe Villa and is one of the two mills shown on the Manorial Plan of 1738. At the time of the 1738 survey the mills were both the property of Mrs Barton, Parsonage Freehold – as distinct from the Vicarage. The ownership of this mill in the late 19th century is documented in an account held by the Lincolnshire Archives.
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SE 779 131|
- Lincolnshire Archives, Ref: MISC DON 615/18
- Ordnance Survey six-inch map, Lincolnshire IX.SE (1885)
Angus Townley, January 2017
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.