Horton Kirby Paper Mill, Horton Kirby and South Darenth
This mill was constructed on the site of an original corn mill by John Hall, millwright of Dartford in 1820. There is no evidence to suggest that the paper mill was ever water-powered, its location being purely for the cooling of its engines. The paper mill was operating under the name of William Nash & Company, who moved here in the mid-1980's from Nash's Mill at St Paul's Cray. In 2005 it was converted into housing. The chimney survives and is Grade II listed.
|Mill function||Paper mill|
|Location||Horton Kirby and South Darenth, Sevenoaks|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||TQ 563 695|
- The paper mill c 1910. Image courtesy of Rob Cumming.
- The mill in disrepair, August 2007. Photo by Rob Cumming.
- The chimney wrapped in plastic, January 2017. Photo by Linda Green.
- The chimney, December 2017. Photo by Linda Green.
- Alan Stoyel, Mills Archive Foundation Trustee
- Ordnance Survey six-inch map, Kent XVII (1870)
Rob Cumming. Carole Leith, December 2017-January 2018.
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.