Milling journals of the past. The re-opening of the “Lark” roller mills

    Full details

    Authors & editors

    Cookson, Mildred M [Author]

    Publisher Milling & Grain
    Year of publication 2018 January

    Medium Digital

    Cereal processes > Flour milling > Commercial millers


    Scope & contentThe Miller of December 2, 1901 reported on the re-opening of the Lark Roller Mills at Mildenhall in Suffolk, UK. These mills were the headquarters of the enterprising firm of Parker Brothers Ltd, and were erected on a favourable spot on the River Lark. The site was protected by an ancient manorial right, by virtue of which the old mill had the exclusive right to grind corn in the large parish of Mildenhall.

    Messrs Parker Brothers Limited was a private company with Joseph Parker, Luther CF Parker and W Ralph Dodd as directors and Ernest A Parker as secretary. The milling, malting and merchandising business ran two mills at Barton, one a stone mill and the other a roller mill, the water mill at Icklingham, and two at Mildenhall.

    The Lark Mill, having just been fitted out by the milling engineers ER&F Turner of Ipswich, was opened by Mrs Joseph Parker at the request of Mr Turner himself….Read more.


    File attachments