Milling journals of the past. The Alsacian Mills Ltd, Strasburg

    Full details

    Authors & editors

    Cookson, Mildred M [Author]

    Publisher Milling & Grain
    Year of publication 2020

    Medium Digital

    Cereal processes > Flour milling

    Scope & contentThe Miller (June 7th, 1909) reported that the Alsacian Milling Company Ltd. was founded in the autumn of 1906 by G Ramspacher of Wilwisheim and H Huck of Sand. It was based in the German town of Strasburg, part of Alsace. All three towns and the region became part of France after the First World War; Strasburg became Strasbourg and Alsacian is now generally spelt Alsatian.

    Both of the owners had had mills which were burnt down in the same year, so they chose a new site equidistant from their homes to erect the new mills at the Rhine port of Strasburg. The mill would have an hourly capacity of 25 sacks of flour and, after careful deliberation and a thorough study of the plans submitted to them, the contract was awarded Messrs Luther of Brunswick... Read more.


    File attachments