Trem yn ôl

    Full details

    English titleLooking back
    Authors & editors

    Hughes, E Wyn [Author]

    Publisher W. O. Jones (Printer)
    Year of publication 1987

    Welsh (main text)

    Medium Book

    Wind & watermills > Wales


    Scope & contentThis book is an historical outline of mills and other industries and houses in Llannerch-y-medd village; notes of former millers and other worthies. Black and white photographs.

    A Survey of 1926 showed a total of 37 mills (wind and water) in Anglesey; but none then in operation except Melin Stanley, Trearddur. These mills are listed, with date of building. Also list of 21 fulling mills, with date of building. Contains a biography of William Jones (nicknamed Klondyke Jones) who lived 1840-1918. Mills featured: Melin Adda, Melin Borth, Melin Cae Mawr Watermill (photo), Melin Ceidio, Melin Esgob, Melin Dulas/Melin Y Rhos, Melin Gallt y Benddu (photo and drawings), Melin Hywell Watermill (photo), Melin Llwydiarth Fawr (drawings), Melin Llynon (photos), Parys Mountain Mining Co. Windmill (photo).Fulling Mills featured: Pandy Llangefni (photo), Pandy Gwalchmai (photo, also shows windmill), Pandy Rhodogeidio (photo), Pandy Parc (photos).Wool Factories featured: Dulas (photo), Erw Goch (photo).Brewery featured: Bragdy Mona, water-powered (photo).

    Copies held

    Accession no. 22037

    • Shelf location: C109-HUG
    • Notes: Written in Welsh language (no English translation)