|English title||Moisburg museum mill|
|Authors & editors|
|Publisher||Landkreis Harburg, Landtechnisches Museum|
German (main text)
|Scope & content||Summary Translation |
Booklet about the Moisburg museum mill in Lower Saxony, which an outpost of the Harburg district agricultural technology museum. The first mention of a water mill in Moisburg dates from 1379, and the heart of the current mill was built in 1723. By 1750/60 it had three wheels, of which two survived until 1930. In 1935 they were replaced by a turbine.
There is a brief overview of the mill’s history, followed by a description of its renovation after its rescue by the local authorities in 1982. One wheel has been restored. The mill is now a museum: the rest of the text is a guide to what can be seen there.The booklet is illustrated with diagrams of the drive system and the millstones, a plan of the museum and a reproduction of a historical document.
|Keywords||Millwrighting, Milling, Germany, Cereals, Archaeology & history|
Accession no. 230041
- Shelf location: C114