Mill

Help us keep this service free

Twr y Felin, St Davids

A wind-powered corn mill in the historic county of Pembrokeshire, Wales.

See related images and documents.
See images only.

Grade II Listed tower of former windmill of 1806, substantially heightened and altered in 1907 for H Evans as part of an Edwardian hotel. The original building was of whitewashed rubble with low conical cap and sails. Tower is main part of the only surviving windmill in the area, built 1806 by G Llewellyn of Ty-Gwyn, later owned by G Williams of St David's and from 1861 by David Evans of Ty-Gwyn.

Full details

Power source Wind
Mill type Tower mill
Mill function Corn mill
Archive ID 8825
Location St Davids
Historic county Pembrokeshire
Country Wales, United Kingdom
NGR SM 75786 25077
Latitude/longitude 51.87911027, -5.25892233

Location

References

 

Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.