Help us keep this service free
Upper Crisbrook Mill, Tovil
House conversion, retaining waterwheel. A four storey nineteenth century brick building with an earlier ragstone first floor and a white-boarded luccam, it functioned until the early years of this century when it was used for rag-cutting and pumping water to Hayle Mill. By the 1970's it was virtually derelict and did not contain any machinery; later it was converted into a house, and the 18' x 8' iron overshot wheel made by Clark of Ashford in 1879, was restored to working order.
|Mill function||Corn mill, Fulling mill, Pumping mill/wheel|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||TQ 75658 54066|
- Alan Stoyel, Mills Archive Foundation Trustee
- Ordnance Survey six-inch map, Kent XLII (1870)
Rob Cumming, May 2016
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.