Tower mill, Great Horwood
The tower was rebuilt c 1890 and was later used as a residence. By 1932 it was unused and only the tower remained. The upper storeys were dismantled when the nearby airfield was built, c 1940, and by the 1970s it was a farm shed with a corrugated iron roof.
|Mill type||Tower mill|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SP 765 299|
- Anthony Bryan, Mills Research Group Database
- Buckinghamshire County Museum Archaeological Group, "Buckinghamshire Windmills" (Records of Bucks, 20 (4), 1978)
- Major, J K, SPAB Mills Section Record Card (1968)
- Smith, Arthur C, Windmills in Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire: a contemporary survey (Stevenage Museum publications, 1976)
- Smith, Donald, English windmills, vol 2 (Architectural Press, 1932), p. 141
- Vince, John, Windmills in Buckinghamshire and the chilterns (Format Publishing, 1976), p. 19
- Windmill World
Related shop products
Related publications in the library
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.